Here’s a showcase of three photographers I have been admiring who do fashion / editorial work in Perth. We may have a smaller market for this kind of work in Perth (as compared with Melbourne or Sydney), but there’s definitely talent here in WA!
Caitlin’s photographs take you to another world with her dreamy, film-like post-processing. The relaxed, candid style of her work makes me feel as if I am a silent observer, peeking into a secret moment in time. Caitlin is part of All of the Above Creative, which are a group of extremely talented stylists, photographers and makeup artists in Perth. Have a look at her beautiful work below:
Want to see more? Check out Caitlin‘s work here:
- Glittering Heads Dream: Blog with lots of Caitlin’s gorgeous work!
- Caitlin Worthington Website Portfolio
- Caitlin on All of the Above Creative
- Caitlin’s Facebook Page
- Caitlin’s Deviantart
Meiji crafts arresting images that force you to stop and stare. His work is impeccably clean, with beautifully smooth-skinned models and an other-worldly, detached feeling to them. On his website, he says that he has “interest in design, fine art and film” and you can really tell; Meiji’s images have a strong design and composition which resonates with the eye aesthetically. Check it out:
If you want to see behind-the-scenes footage and more photos from Meiji, have a look below:
- Meiji Nguyen Website Portfolio
- Mira Studios Facebook: Have a look at the “videos” tab!
- Tantalum Magazine feature: Photos and interview with Meiji
- Meiji’s Youtube: Video creations and behind-the-scenes footage.
Otilee says on her MM profile: “I’m not so much interested in the ‘capturing’ of images so much as designing them”. Flipping through Otilee’s work, you can see how she has adapted her edgy, unique and retro-alternative design signature to each project. The textures in Otilee’s work and creativity with props give her images an engaging complexity. The execution of her photographs is also fascinating; the use of shadows and coloured light stands out to me especially. Have a look:
Check out more of Otilee‘s work here:
- Otilee Website Portfolio
- Otilee on The Loop: Print work, store front displays and brand development.
- Otilee’s Facebook
- Otilee’s Blog
- Otilee’s Model Mayhem profile: Some of her older work that I love!
What editorial / fashion photographers in Perth do you love?